WhatsApp has almost completely replaced text messaging. Since everyone now has internet plans on their phone, using WhatsApp is a lot more cost-effective than standard texts. Sadly, this also makes it incredibly easy for your husband to stay in contact with his mistress. If you think your partner is cheating on you, we will tell you how to catch a cheating husband on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp has a lot of built-in features to make communication easier. Thankfully, these features can also help you catch your husband cheating on you. Things like call logs, message history, and spy apps make the process of determining if your husband is cheating on you much easier.
Let’s start by taking a look at some common ways to confirm if your partner is cheating by looking at his WhatsApp.
Ways to Catch Your Husband Cheating on WhatsApp
Before we dive into the specifics, you must be aware of two disclaimers. First, your husband may be cheating on you through other means. He may know that you will look at his WhatsApp, so he might avoid talking to his lover on it. One thing you can do is to check for other instant messaging apps on his phone (make sure to check hidden apps) such as Kik or iMessage.
Alternatively, it is also possible that he isn’t cheating on you and you’re suspicious for no reason. It is possible that he is just friends with the other woman. I always advise wives to trust their husbands unless they have clearly shown through their past behavior that they cannot be trusted.
Try to Get Access to His Cell Phone
If your husband is using WhatsApp to cheat, he will try to keep his phone as far away from you as he can. He will probably refuse to tell you his password or unlock his phone for you. This alone should tell you if he is hiding something. Here are a few creative ways you can get access to his cell phone.
- Let your phone run out of battery and ask for his phone to make an important call.
- Let your phone run out of battery and have a friend call you on his phone in order to talk to you (make sure you trust this friend to never tell on you).
- One thing you can do is to find a reason to be angry with him (when he screws up in a minor way). Then, angrily ask for his phone (to call someone or use a particular app). He may want to curtail your anger and this may make him forget about the content on his phone.
- If he uses a fingerprint unlock, you can unlock his phone and access it even when he is asleep (as long as you’re sneaky).
If you do manage to access his phone, check if there is a way to add an additional authentication method for yourself. For example, if he uses his fingerprint to unlock his phone, you can also add your own fingerprint. The chances of his finding out you did this are fairly slim.
What to do Once You Access His Phone
Once you have access to your husband’s phone, you need to check to see if your suspicions were true. Here is how to do that:
- Check his WhatsApp messages. Try to find women that he does not have a reason to speak to (e.g. women who are not coworkers or involved in his daily life). Go through the conversations and see what is their nature.
- If you do find conversations that are suspicious, you can search for specific keywords. Some common ones to try are: love, sex, want, miss, wife.
- He may be using another app. Browse through his list of apps and check all messaging apps (remember that he may be using an app that hides other apps).
- Even though people rarely text each other anymore, it’s worth checking out his text messages. It is possible that he didn’t save her number, so pay attention to anonymous messages.
- Similarly, take a look at his call history for any suspicious numbers. Remember to check his WhatsApp call logs as well as standard call logs. If you do find him speaking frequently to someone, check the length of the calls (the longer the calls, the bigger the chances of him cheating).
- Even though it is rare that someone is this stupid, you should also look at his photos. Maybe you will find photos of your husband with her.
- Many phones have specific WhatsApp photo folders. Even if your husband does not have photos with her, she may have sent her photos to him on WhatsApp. Take a look at that folder if you can.
Should I Use a Spy App?
You can use a spy app to track his phone and almost everything he does. The only problem with such an app is that it will be devastating for your relationship if you get caught (and he wasn’t cheating).
The advantages of using a spy app include the fact that if he is cheating, you will be able to gather more evidence before you confront him. It may also help you get more information about the other woman, whom you may also confront.
Due to the risks involved, I would suggest using a spy app as a last resort. One thing to keep in mind is that you should never consider using a spy app that is free. Developing an app of this kind requires a lot of time and skill. Someone who is willing to give it to you for free obviously has another agenda (such as stealing your information).
Look at How He Treats His Phone
It will not be that difficult for you to notice if your husband is cheating on you. He will constantly try to lie and hide things from you. His secretive attitude will especially show itself when you try to use his phone.
In most cases, he will not let you use his phone because you may take a look at his WhatsApp. Even if he does, he will probably be using an app that blocks access to his WhatsApp unless you have a password.
He will also take special precautions to protect himself. For example, he will almost never go anywhere without his cell phone. One place where a cheating husband would almost never go without his phone is to the bathroom. Not only will he be of you taking a look at his WhatsApp messages, but the privacy will also allow him to freely talk to his mistress in there.
He Maybe Using a Second Phone
One more thing that you should do is to go through his stuff for a second phone. It could be that your partner does not use his main phone to talk to the other woman. If he is using another phone, you can catch him cheating by searching for it in things that he regularly takes outside the house. For example, his work briefcase and his car would be two prime locations where he may hide his other cell phone.
Once you do get access to the phone, you can catch him by following the aforementioned steps (make sure to check other apps apart from WhatsApp).
Your husband may also be a serial cheater, and his other phone may provide evidence to the fact. Make sure to check if he has any dating apps, and take a look at all of his ‘expeditions’ so far.
What to do if my Partner is Cheating on me?
So you managed to access your partner’s WhatsApp and catch him cheating. Now What? Well, there are two things that you need to decide. Determine the extent of his cheating, and what you should do next!
Did Your Husband Physically Cheat on You?
Cheating is cheating, and I would never say that your husband having romantic interactions with another woman should be forgiven if he isn’t having sex with her. However, the nature of his relationship with her may be different. In my experience, most women are much more likely to forgive their husband’s affair if his relationship wasn’t physical.
Going through his WhatsApp messages will give you an indication of whether his relationship is physical or not. If you find texts of a sexual nature, I have a proper look at is sexting cheating?
Determine The Correct Response
Try to gather as much information as possible. When you have all the evidence you need, see how it makes you feel. I always advise people to take a few days to sort out their thoughts. In the end, you have two main options.
The first one is to try and save your marriage. If you feel like you will be able to forgive your cheating spouse, I would advise the two of you to seek professional help. A marriage counselor will not only help the two of you recover from this ordeal quicker, but he or she may be able to help prevent your husband from straying again.
Just remember that you should only give your husband one chance. If you ever catch him cheating again, you should immediately go for a divorce.
On the other hand, if you are sure that you will not be able to live with your husband after what he has done, you should opt for a divorce. Even here, I would suggest at least speaking to a marriage counselor (alone if you cannot stand the sight of your husband). They may make you realize that there is a way to save your marriage that you hadn’t thought of before.